Monday 1 July 2013

Le Tour and my friend Gabrielle

....after a busy few weeks, Gabrielle and I finally managed to catch up for lunch and finalise our plans for watching the Tour de France!  The mountain stages are always the most exciting so we've hired a camper van  for  a few days - essential for the essentials of life; chilling the champagne,  cups of herbal tea, hair straighteners - and fly into Geneva for the closing stages in the Alps.

Although I'd planned to support Chris Froome who probably should have won a stage last year if he hadn't been helping Wiggo but ever since  Thomas Voeckler had the collision, two years ago, with a press car and was catapaulted into a barbed wire fence, he's been my man!  However, family connections with Belgium mean that I shall keep a close  eye on Jan Bakelants.

Gabrielle and I are still arguing about who's going to be doing  the driving; our men insist they won't come with us as too many years travelling to holiday villas behind convoys of caravans have left dark memories.......I've  noticed, though, that they are very interested on the details of our 'Tour' and I shaln't be surprised if, when the day comes, they won't have made their own secret plans to surprise us on the flight!

Mediterranean tart, watercress and rocket salad, strawberries, blueberries and creme fraiche for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Hello, my dears. I'm Clare, a discerning woman who enjoys all aspects of life from the grand and dressy to the muddy and messy! I like to laugh, eat cake and drink champagne. My luxury, if I was cast away on a desert island, would be an endless supply of Earl Grey tea and pillow! I know that's two things but I can't do without either. I always need to find new challenges so, at the moment, it's improving my French to a high level of fluency and understanding. If money were no object, I'd order a couture Chanel jacket - and then find the perfect little hat go go with it. (I also have a 'thing' about hats - hence the cartoon!)